Monday, November 9, 2009

Informative speech.

During my informative speech, I had felt that I may have relied too heavily on my outline. The way I remember presenting the personal speech, I felt that the outline I had used there gave more room for extemporaneous structure. Basically, it had felt more fluid. I had tried to give the audience transitions within the outline, between sections, but felt that they were lost on my delivery. I noticed other classmates had visual aids which incorporated the outline into them, and felt that it had been an effective approach. I had considered accompanying my speech with powerpoint statistics, but felt that I wouldn't have had time to really explain them in enough detail to incorporate them. I later regretted that, as my dry, slightly disconnected delivery could had something visual to lean on. Instead I only used one visual aid to emphasize a small point in my topic. Ultimately, not an effective choice. In introducing my topic, I think I may have incorporated too many small details that could've been left out. I think I may have written out a better introduction and conclusion than I may have actually delivered, I tried to suit the presentation to the knowledge of my classmates, which is why I didn't want to alienate them with confusing statistics to back up vague points. I can definitely see the need to improve on my vocal delivery, and posture, as it may have been distracting during my speech, as well as giving the impression of a lack of credibility; which, coupled with the subject matter of drugs, gives off an slightly embarrassing impression to my classmates. I think I should probably practice more for my next speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment